Wednesday, November 19, 2008

OK.... baby!!!! WHere to start?! So much has happened!


Taylor Ann Wirig



OUr family right after I had her... Um, clearly!



Her hospital Picture



















Right after she was born! Cute Dimple!



Ok, long time... NO post. It has been quite an adventure these past few weeks and there is so much to explain, but I'm too lazy so I'll sum it all up as quick as I can. First of all, Justin's littlest brother, Michael, went into the MTC a couple weeks ago. He is going to Denmark. We already miss him so much, he was our pal that was ALWAYS up to play games and just make us laugh. Now he is fully serving the lord and its the greatest thing ever.

NOw baby TAYLOR ANN WIRIG is HERE!!!!! (Taylor is Justin's middle name and Ann is mine, thats how we came up with that) I wasn't due until the 24th, but I have been having way bad contractions for a couple weeks. Then REALLY bad one 2 days before. Anyway, we go into the hospital for like the millionth time at 2:30 a.m. on the 13th. I knew they were going to send me home but I prayed they wouldn't because I was in so much pain. They checked me after an hour and I had made progress so they decided I could stay and so they started hooking me up to I.V.'s and all that jazz. They gave me some pain medication through my I.V. so i could get some sleep. That worked. I woke up, went to the bathroom, then went back to sleep for like 5 min, when I was woken up at 6:00 a.m. by a nurse and this HUGE doctor dressed in green I had never seen before stripping my robe and sheets off and he started going to town with his huge fingers and I had no idea what was going on, I thought I might be ripping in half. (now I was on drugs and still half asleep so this was like a real nightmare coming to life, like you see in the movies they were all wavey and blurry) He pulls out a huge hook and I didnt even want to know what that was going to be for... but clearly not fishing. A second later, I felt my bed all wet and I could only guess they broke my water. After I calmed down and stopped screaming, I asked if they just broke my water and asked the big doc if he was Dr. Gammet? He was, and I said nice to meet you. (I have like 5 doctors and he was the ONE i had never met before) Anyway, They started the Patocin an hour later and they told me i could have the epadural anytime but should wait as long as I could. SO after they started the Patocin, I reacted really quickly to it and I thought I might die. So they gave me the epadural and life was heaven instead of the H. Word! All day long, friends and family stopped by. Baby was having weird things with her heart beat, but then they regulated it. Later that night I was finally dialated enough to push, so I pushed for an hour and a half, but she was stuck under my pelvic bone. SO... doctor Gamett came in with an army of Nurses. He looked a lot nicer this time. He had to use forceps because she was posterior( Face up) and they helped guide her out. He had Justin and everyone in the room sing, "Come come ye saint, no toil nor labor fear" which was awesome and the spirit was actually pretty strong in there! ( I found out later he makes people sing when he is doing the snip snip) GREAT! ANyway, she came out with a big ol front conehead and a big bruise on top from being stuck in the birth canal for so long. ( she looked like a dinosaur to tell you the truth, but she is still cute) Everything was great though. Healthy little baby girl She weighed 6.1 lbs. and was 18.5 inches long. SHe is so little. WHen we left the hospital she was 5.13 lbs. Friends and Family all came to welcome her into this world. I was so happy to see them! I love them all and am so grateful for such great support and love! OH I passed out onto the nurse in the bathroom which was just great! I wake up to 3 other nurses in there trying to get me to wake up. Haha, whatever! I am healing and feeling great! I love being a mom. I love Taylor and cant believe Heavenly Father trusts me so much with such a beautiful little daughter of his! I love it. I love Justin, he was SO great through everything! He is an awesome Dad! He changes like every diaper, and she loves cuddling him so much!
My sister, Michelle, was due the day after me on the 25th, but went into labor early too and just had her baby boy, Carter, yesterday morning at like 1:00 a.m. I got to be there for that. It was really cool.. and she had a lot of the same nurses as I did. She is having some problems recovering but I know she will get better soon. My mom made it down here in time for Taylor to be born, its been so nice having her stay with us and help out!
Taylor is a great sleeper and eater. She is back up to her birthweight and smiles a lot and has the cutest little dimple. She is just a relaxed whatev baby! So far... KNock on wood.
Thanks for all the prayers and notes and things from you all! LIfe is amazing, and I cant wait for the next moments!~


Holdin her own binki, she is such a big girl!

Grandma Katz and below Grandma Wirig









Aunts Natalie and Katie Grandpa Wirig and Uncle BJ




I cant wait for her little bruise to go away!

22 comments:

Serena Laird said...

Hello!? Where are the pics...how dare you tease us with a story and not put up the pictures!

Jen said...

Congratulations! Taylor is sooo sweet! And you look amazing in your hospital photo. I on the other hand looked like a train hit me and then backed up and hit me again. I'm glad everything went well for you! Babies are super fun/challenging!

Nadia said...

Oh Sarah! I am so excited and happy for you! Taylor is beautiful. Congratulations!

Jeff and Aubrey said...

She is beautiful!! I love how you named her. Congratulations, I am so excited for you! :)

Southern Belle said...

Congratulations!! I love the picture of right after you had her, you look so pretty but you can tell you really did just have her and there was no primping! It looks very real and you look so happy!! She is an adorable little girl and the name is so fitting and cute!

Jessi said...

Yeah!!! She is so adorable! Aren't you so glad not to be prego anymore and finally able to hold that sweet little one. It only gets better from here. Enjoy her cute little cry while you can, before you know it she will be moving out and going to college. I hope all goes well.

Anonymous said...

That's so weird to think that Sister Katz is a grandmother, of two! You seem to have a gift for staying positive in the most terrifying sitations and just going with the flow. If I was in your situation I would have definetely been traumatized by the lack of respect shown by that green monster that calls himself a birth attendant. Anyway, I love that picture with the really long feet--she'll grow into it. I can't wait to hear about your adventures with Taylor on this blog--because it just hit me, Sweethearts Forever is going to look very different with her in the picture instead of in utero. Congratulations.

Denny and Cyndi Collins Family said...

Congrats! Your daughter is so beautiful!!! :o) How exciting! I'm glad you're doing good! I love and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!!

Laura and David said...

Sarah, you have a baby! a little TINY baby! she looks so sweet! steph keeps telling me how cute and tiny she is. i love the dimple picture!! she looks so fair too, you had better smother that pretty little girl in sunscreen next summer. anyway, i am dying to meet her, even though i probably wont be in utah til aprpil. post lots of pictures!!

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Congratulations sarah! Thats great and shes a doll!

stephanie said...

cute baby! her clothes are too big for her! start feeding her now! tell her i want to come see her again soon, but i am going to california next week to visit her friend Addison! ok love you!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Congrats Sarah! She is so cute, and I love the name.

melissa said...

SHE'S HERE!!!!! oh my sarah she is BEAUTIFUL!!! I realy am just thrilled for you 2, what a beautiful little family!! I really cant wait to see more pictures!!! Congratulations Sarah!!!

Danielle and Fam said...

Yeah baby Tay Tay!! We love her so much and that is a great post!

Bekah said...

Sarah! She is so cute! I could tell right away she'd been stuck face up by the bruise on her forehead. My nephew was the same way, and about the same size too. Totally stuck! How are you feeling? I had forceps with Evan and the recovery was so much longer!

She is so tiny, you need some preemie clothes! Just love seeing your little babe! I hope all is well and that sleeping, breastfeeding, mothering is going smoothly.

Chelsea said...

Sarah! She is so cute and so so tiny! Congratulations having such a sweet little thing.

ali and david II do blogs said...

congratulations sarah! she is so presh! and i love how you guys used your middle names. too bad we can't do that: leigh eugene is so not cute... not like taylor ann!

Zach & Lindsey Boskovich said...

Hey Sarah,
I don't know if you remember me but i am Lindsey (Evans) Boskovich I was in your old ward at raintree and Marci (Lebaron) Watson said you guys had a little baby and so i looked up your blog. She is so Beautiful. CONGRATS!!!
Lindsey (Evans) Boskovich

zachandlindseyboskovich.blogspot.com

Mikale said...

oh man, what did you do to that poor girl's forehead!!! that was such a sarah story, that's for telling it so true to form :) congrats girlie. can't wait to talk to you.

chelsey said...

Oh my Gosh! She's here! And she's such a Beauty! I couldn't be happier for you guys! I need to come see her on one of my lunch breaks since I work like 5 seconds from you! And you tell the best stories Sarah! :)

Marvia said...

congrats! I'm glad you're all healthy! The 13th is my dad's b-day! great day!!!!!!